Unlike architectural, industrial coatings are not defined by their aesthetic properties but by their protective ones.
Industrial protective coatings are mainly long-lasting coating solutions which allow longer use of industrial facilities or other industrial applications exposed to extreme environmental conditions. Polyurethane, polyester, epoxy and fluoropolymers are the main resins used in industrial coatings.
Evonik is highlighting its solutions for a variety of coating applications at (booth no. W3D05) CHINACOAT 2019. The award-winning TEGO® Dispers 689, a new dispersant specially designed for the wetting and dispersing of matting agents in 100 percent UV coating systems.
These days, coatings manufacturers increasingly demand solutions that combine outstanding performance with environmental sustainability. Evonik listens to the market and develops innovative products that can fulfil these demands in the focus applications.
Recent Breakthrough Developments are:
Greener Decorative and Flooring CoatingsDue to tightening regulatory pressures and sustainability initiatives, low- and even zero-VOC coatings are of particular interest in the decorative and flooring coatings market. Using water-based coatings and UV curable systems is becoming increasingly popular.
- The award-winning TEGO® Dispers 689, a new dispersant specially designed for the wetting and dispersing of matting agents in 100% UV coating systems.
- The new generation of 2-in-1 dispersants, TEGO® Dispers 747 W helps architectural coating formulations achieve outstanding performance.
- Water-based Anquamine® epoxy curing agents for concrete epoxy coatings offer unrivalled fast-cure and excellent aesthetics, for use in epoxy primers and topcoats on concrete substrates.
Higher-performance and Environmentally Friendly Industrial CoatingsEvonik is successfully tackling the challenge of combining high performance for industrial coatings with environmental friendliness and resource efficiency, where less is sometimes more. This means that less coating can generate savings in materials, time, and cost while still providing strong performance.
- The new functionalized AEROSIL® dispersion VP Disp. WF 7620 provides superior rheology control for optimized water-based coatings, especially for spray applications.
- SILIKOFTAL® HTW 3, the first waterborne, VOC-free & FDA-compliant heat-resistant resin, meets all the requirements of a sustainable formulation. It is low-VOC and suitable for food-contact applications such as cook-& bakeware.
- Ancamine® and Ancamide® epoxy curing agents allow industrial coating customers to achieve excellent anti-corrosion protection, see fast return for wet-on-wet, meet DTM requirements, and also provide a solution to meet formulation upgrade trends for industrial coating.
Tailored Solutions for Various Applications
- VESTANAT® EP-DC 1241, special acrylic isocyanate for UV resin design.
- VESTAGON® BF1320/BF1321 stands out with its low emission of the baking process combined with easy handling and good matting control for the polyurethane powder coating crosslinkers.
- VESTANAT® EP-MF grades are novel ready-to-use hybrid urethane-silane crosslinkers that cure at room temperature.
- When long-term corrosion protection is called for, inorganic waterborne binders such as Dynasylan® SIVO 140 are state-of-the-art. Typical application areas include industrial plants, bridges, transmission towers and shipbuilding. They offer a double benefit for the environment, by releasing almost no VOC and by increasing the service life of structures and installations.
- DYNAPOL® is the perfect binder for every paint layer on pre-coated rigid metal containers for food or non-food applications. They combine superior protection properties with high flexibility, sterilization resistance, film hardness, and scratch resistance.
- VISIOMER® HEMA-P 70M, a new all-rounder for adhesion promotion, anti-corrosion, and flame retardancy.
“While various coating applications have their unique challenges to be addressed, they all share the same need for high-performance coatings products that are sustainable and can improve efficiency,” commented Fuliang Xia, senior vice president & general manager, Evonik Resource Efficiency, Asia Pacific North. “As a longstanding partner for the coating industry in Asia, Evonik contributes to improving the performance of our customers’ products through differentiated product offerings. We work closely with our customers to develop products and solutions that cater to the local market needs.”